- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Lead staff training and development in budgeting and financial management areas.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.