- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Analyze data such as interview notes, test results, and reference manuals to identify symptoms and to diagnose the nature of clients' problems.
- Initiate and direct efforts to foster tolerance, understanding, and appreciation of diversity in school communities.
- Assess an individual child's needs, limitations, and potential, using observation, review of school records, and consultation with parents and school personnel.