- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Collect information about individuals or clients, using interviews, case histories, observational techniques, and other assessment methods.
- Plan and develop accredited psychological service programs in psychiatric centers or hospitals, in collaboration with psychiatrists and other professional staff.
- Consult reference material, such as textbooks, manuals, and journals, to identify symptoms, make diagnoses, and develop approaches to treatment.