|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Provide family counseling and treatment services to inmates participating in substance abuse programs.
- Collect information about clients, using techniques such as testing, interviewing, discussion, and observation.
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counseling services, issues, and methods.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with clients, and perform follow-ups assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding issues including mental health, poverty, unemployment, substance abuse, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, child care, or medical care.
- Supervise other social workers.
|Addiction Social Worker
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Increase social work knowledge by reviewing current literature, conducting social research, and attending seminars, training workshops, or classes.
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources for housing or treatment to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness, following through to ensure service efficacy.
- Supervise and direct other workers who provide services to clients or patients.