|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Cisco Network Analyst
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Review and analyze computer printouts and performance indicators to locate code problems, and correct errors by correcting codes.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
- Specify inputs accessed by the system and plan the distribution and use of the results.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
|Computer Software Systems Engineer
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Design and develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities and status.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures.