|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
|Computer Hardware Engineer
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
- Assemble and modify existing pieces of equipment to meet special needs.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
|Business Information Systems Administrator
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Document computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.