|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Computer Software Engineer
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
|Computer Hardware Engineer
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Write detailed functional specifications that document the hardware development process and support hardware introduction.
- Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test data.
|Cisco Network Analyst
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Analyze information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
- Utilize the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems such as development of integrated production and inventory control and cost analysis systems.