|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Computer Hardware Engineer
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Build, test, and modify product prototypes using working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation.
- Provide training and support to system designers and users.
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test data.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Participate in staffing decisions and direct training of subordinates.
- Apply theoretical expertise and innovation to create or apply new technology, such as adapting principles for applying computers to new uses.
- Direct daily operations of departments, coordinating project activities with other departments.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.