|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Participate in multidisciplinary projects in areas such as virtual reality, human-computer interaction, or robotics.
- Develop performance standards, and evaluate work in light of established standards.
- Meet with managers, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
|Business Database Administrator
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
- Train users and answer questions.
|Computer Software Engineer
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.