|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Cisco Network Analyst
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Utilize the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems such as development of integrated production and inventory control and cost analysis systems.
- Review and analyze computer printouts and performance indicators to locate code problems, and correct errors by correcting codes.
- Define the goals of the system and devise flow charts and diagrams describing logical operational steps of programs.
|Business Information Systems Administrator
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Train people in computer system use.
|Computer Software Engineer
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.