- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Consult with and refer clients to additional medical or educational services.
- Provide communication instruction to dialect speakers or students with limited English proficiency.
- Instruct clients in techniques for more effective communication, including sign language, lip reading, and voice improvement.