- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Educate patients and family members about various topics, such as communication techniques and strategies to cope with or to avoid personal misunderstandings.
- Participate in and write reports for meetings regarding patients' progress, such as individualized educational planning (IEP) meetings, in-service meetings, or intervention assistance team meetings.
- Design, develop, and employ alternative diagnostic or communication devices and strategies.