|Entertainment Business Manager
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Arrange meetings concerning issues involving their clients.
- Manage business and financial affairs for clients, such as arranging travel and lodging, selling tickets, and directing marketing and advertising activities.
- Collect fees, commissions, or other payments, according to contract terms.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Recommend locations for new facilities or oversee the remodeling of current facilities.
- Locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.