- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Diagnose and treat psychiatric populations for conditions such as somatoform disorder, dementias, and psychoses.
- Establish neurobehavioral baseline measures for monitoring progressive cerebral disease or recovery.
- Educate and supervise practicum students, psychology interns, or hospital staff.