|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Administer online purchasing systems.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Monitor industry standards, trends, or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution.
- Stay informed of logistics technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve logistics processes.
- Prepare reports on logistics performance measures.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Advise sales and billing departments of transportation charges for customers' accounts.
- Evaluate freight costs and the inventory costs associated with transit times to ensure that costs are appropriate.
- Arrange for storage facilities when required.