- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Prepare, care for and dispose of tissue specimens taken for laboratory analysis.
- Provide technical assistance to surgeons, surgical nurses and anesthesiologists.
- Monitor and continually assess operating room conditions, including patient and surgical team needs.