- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Provide technical assistance to surgeons, surgical nurses and anesthesiologists.
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Prepare dressings or bandages and apply or assist with their application following surgery.