- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Review manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.