|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Select travel routes and sites to be visited based on knowledge of specific areas.
- Distribute brochures, show audiovisual presentations, and explain establishment processes and operations at tour sites.
- Provide information about wildlife varieties and habitats, as well as any relevant regulations, such as those pertaining to hunting and fishing.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Arrange for interpreters or translators when patrons require such services.
- Arrange for the replacement of items lost by travelers.
- Receive, store, and deliver luggage and mail.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.