|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Perform office duties on a temporary basis when needed.
- Arrange for interpreters or translators when patrons require such services.
- Plan special events, parties, and meetings, which may include booking musicians or celebrities to appear.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Show, rent, or assign accommodations.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to facility's policies and procedures.
- Book tickets for guests for local tours and attractions.