|Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Prepare patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning them properly.
- Provide sonogram and oral or written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical diagnosis.
- Decide which images to include, looking for differences between healthy and pathological areas.