- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Collect, prepare, and label samples for laboratory testing, culture, or microscopic examination.
- Provide veterinarians with the correct equipment and instruments, as needed.
- Prepare animals for surgery, performing such tasks as shaving surgical areas.