|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Dust, spray, or bathe animals to control insect pests.
- Perform accounting duties, including bookkeeping, billing customers for services, and maintaining inventories.
- Perform enemas, catheterization, ear flushes, intravenous feedings, and gavages.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Train and supervise workers who handle and care for animals.
- Specialize in a particular type of treatment such as dentistry, pathology, nutrition, surgery, microbiology, or internal medicine.
- Perform administrative and business management tasks such as scheduling appointments, accepting payments from clients, budgeting, and maintaining business records.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Bathe animals, clip nails or claws, and brush and cut animals' hair.
- Clean and sterilize instruments, equipment, and materials.
- Maintain laboratory, research, and treatment records, as well as inventories of pharmaceuticals, equipment, and supplies.