|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Establish and conduct quarantine and testing procedures that prevent the spread of diseases to other animals or to humans, and that comply with applicable government regulations.
- Determine the effects of drug therapies, antibiotics, or new surgical techniques by testing them on animals.
- Research diseases to which animals could be susceptible.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Prepare animals for surgery, performing such tasks as shaving surgical areas.
- Provide assistance with animal euthanasia and the disposal of remains.
- Clean kennels, animal holding areas, surgery suites, examination rooms, and animal loading/unloading facilities to control the spread of disease.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Collect laboratory specimens such as blood, urine, and feces for testing.
- Administer medication, immunizations, and blood plasma to animals as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Prepare examination or treatment rooms by stocking them with appropriate supplies.