|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Computer Software Systems Engineer
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Design and develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Create pen-and-paper images to be scanned, edited, colored, textured or animated by computer.
- Implement and maintain configuration control systems.
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
|Computer Software Engineer
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.