|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Computer Software Systems Engineer
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance.
- Confer with data processing and project managers to obtain information on limitations and capabilities for data processing projects.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Create basic designs, drawings, and illustrations for product labels, cartons, direct mail, or television.
- Use models to simulate the behavior of animated objects in the finished sequence.
- Implement and maintain configuration control systems.
|Computer Software Engineer
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Determine system performance standards.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment.