|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Computer Software Systems Engineer
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Supervise and assign work to programmers, designers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
- Design and develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
- Apply story development, directing, cinematography, and editing to animation to create storyboards that show the flow of the animation and map out key scenes and characters.
- Implement and maintain configuration control systems.
|Computer Software Engineer
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.