|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Computer Software Engineer
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
|Computer Software Systems Engineer
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Utilize microcontrollers to develop control signals, implement control algorithms and measure process variables such as temperatures, pressures and positions.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures.
- Design and develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Design complex graphics and animation, using independent judgment, creativity, and computer equipment.
- Convert real objects to animated objects through modeling, using techniques such as optical scanning.
- Create and install special effects as required by the script, mixing chemicals and fabricating needed parts from wood, metal, plaster, and clay.