|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Create musical instrument digital interface programs for music projects, commercials, or film postproduction.
- Separate instruments, vocals, and other sounds, and combine sounds later during the mixing or postproduction stage.
- Regulate volume level and sound quality during recording sessions, using control consoles.
|Set and Exhibit Designer
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Assign staff to complete design ideas and prepare sketches, illustrations, and detailed drawings of sets, or graphics and animation.
- Attend rehearsals and production meetings in order to obtain and share information related to sets.
- Inspect installed exhibits for conformance to specifications, and satisfactory operation of special effects components.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Transcribe musical compositions and melodic lines to adapt them to a particular group, or to create a particular musical style.
- Meet with composers to discuss interpretations of their work.
- Direct groups at rehearsals and live or recorded performances in order to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance dynamics, rhythm, and tempo.