- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Design complex graphics and animation, using independent judgment, creativity, and computer equipment.
- Make objects or characters appear lifelike by manipulating light, color, texture, shadow, and transparency, or manipulating static images to give the illusion of motion.
- Create pen-and-paper images to be scanned, edited, colored, textured or animated by computer.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.