- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Compile and study occupational, educational, and economic information to assist counselees in determining and carrying out vocational and educational objectives.
- Interview clients to obtain information about employment history, educational background, and career goals, and to identify barriers to employment.
- Plan and promote career and employment-related programs and events, such as career planning presentations, work-experience programs, job fairs, and career workshops.
|Vocation Middle School Teacher
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustments or academic problems, or special academic interests.