- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Create and install special effects as required by the script, mixing chemicals and fabricating needed parts from wood, metal, plaster, and clay.
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
- Make objects or characters appear lifelike by manipulating light, color, texture, shadow, and transparency, or manipulating static images to give the illusion of motion.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Research new software or design concepts.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Produce still and animated graphics for on-air and taped portions of television news broadcasts, using electronic video equipment.