|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Contact local forest owners and gain permission to take inventory of the type, amount, and location of all standing timber on the property.
- Develop techniques for measuring and identifying trees.
- Provide advice and recommendations, as a consultant on forestry issues, to private woodlot owners, firefighters, government agencies or to companies.
|Environmental Conservation Technician
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Provide information about, and enforce, regulations such as those concerning environmental protection, resource utilization, fire safety and accident prevention.
- Monitor activities of logging companies and contractors.
- Manage forest protection activities, including fire control, fire crew training, and coordination of fire detection and public education programs.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Construct historical, scientific, and nature visitor-center displays.
- Initiate, schedule, and conduct annual audits and compliance checks of program implementation by local government.
- Revisit land users to view implemented land use practices and plans.