|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements (copy and illustrations) in order to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction and/or reprinting.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Write advertising copy for use by publication, broadcast or internet media to promote the sale of goods and services.
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, using sources such as newspaper accounts, diaries, and interviews.
- Write articles, bulletins, sales letters, speeches, and other related informative, marketing and promotional material.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.