|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Develop factors such as themes, plots, characterizations, psychological analyses, historical environments, action, and dialogue, to create material.
- Write humorous material for publication, or for performances such as comedy routines, gags, and comedy shows.
- Attend book launches and publicity events, or conduct public readings.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction and/or reprinting.
- Measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements (copy and illustrations) in order to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler.
- Read corrected copies or proofs in order to ensure that all corrections have been made.